Tuesday, June 08, 2004

the one that got away

Remember the time when I posted THIS and wrote that HE is not yet married? Well as of May 22, he's already hitched. The guy whose been the object of my teenage affection has gotten married. He said this so matter of factly yesterday, which surprisingly broke my heart. Surprisingly, because I haven't been thinking of him in the last 8 years of my life. I didn't even know where he ended up living in the US and if I still have feelings for him.

I was just getting ready to eat breakfast at 3 o'clock in the afternoon when our phone rang. I was ready to say no to whatever the telemarketers was about to offer on the phone when I answered it. The voice on the other line was asking for somebody named Yeng. I had palpitations. Nobody here in America would call me by that name. Oh shit! This had to be him, I thought. And it was him.

he said he called to know how I'm doing, how long have I been in the US?, do I still remember him? Small talk actually. I handled the conversation quite well. Even congratulated him on his marriage, asked him about his brother, his new wife, if he has any plans of divorcing her...he he he (I wouldn't dare ask that last question!)

he sounded very happy. He has finally found somebody who wouldn't run off to hide when he wants to introduce her to his mom. Someone who would actually talk to him even if they got teased a million times by the people around them. Somebody who would care enough to know where he ended up and how he's doing after 8 years. Somebody mature enough for him. Shit! It hurts to know that that somebody isn't me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home